MANILA, Philippines—“Kung walang ninakaw, walang na-recover. Ganun ka-simple lang po.(If there have been not anything stolen, there could be not anything recovered. It’s that easy).”
That was once what former Leader Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno wrote in a Fb put up on Tuesday (Oct. 12) with hyperlinks to authentic reviews from the Presidential Fee on Excellent Executive (PCGG) at the ill-gotten wealth of the past due dictator Ferdinand Marcos, his circle of relatives, and their cronies.
In hopes to coach the general public amid the wave of pretend information and pretend movies that search to revise the narrative of the Marcos dictatorship and the Marcos circle of relatives’s greater than 20-year reign, Sereno has been writing long but informative posts, bringing up credible assets like PCGG reviews and Excellent Court docket selections.
In one among her most up-to-date posts, Sereno cited annual yearend reviews from PCGG from 2016 to 2020, appearing main points of audited and recovered ill-gotten belongings, accounts grew to become over to the federal government, updates on instances and different belongings nonetheless beneath litigation from the Marcos stash.
The PCGG was once created via Govt Order No. 1, the primary edict that the past due Corazon Aquino signed in a while after assuming energy after Other people Energy 1, the non violent riot that drove the Marcoses into exile in Hawaii in 1986.
The quasi-judicial executive company is answerable for the restoration of ill-gotten wealth accumulated via the Marcoses and subordinates.
Sereno defined that 4 presidents, aside from the Aquinos—Fidel Ramos, Joseph Estrada, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and Rodrigo Duterte—have appointed PCGG commissioners.
“The ones appointed and feature reported that there was once P174 billion price of recovered belongings and P125 billion which are but to be recovered via Duterte appointees,” Sereno stated.
“Please provide an explanation for this in your buddies. I will be able to presume any individual who will nonetheless ask [me] about this a troll as a result of I’ve been speaking about this again and again,” she added.
“They’ve made up our minds to not take a look at the paperwork and to not concentrate to explanations. Thanks to your figuring out.”
In 2016, PCGG reported that it has recovered P170,965,986,144.24 from 1986 to December 2016—out of the estimated P253 billion to P506 billion accumulated via the Marcoses throughout the past due dictator’s greater than 20-year rule.
Those had been from Swiss financial institution deposits, stocks of inventory and actual property, sale of surrendered homes and belongings—positioned in Naga Town, Puerto Galera, Tagaytay, Legazpi the Wigwam Belongings in Baguio Town, and many others.—and art work and items of knickknack from the Marcoses and cronies.
The PCGG added that it has remitted P481,953,705.56 in recovered finances and belongings from the Marcoses’ ill-gotten wealth to the Nationwide Treasury from January to December 2016. Throughout the similar duration, the PPCGG was once aiming to get well P44,433,751,627.04 from 19 instances that have been then pending on the anti-graft courtroom Sandiganbayan.
In 2017, the PCGG’s overall remittances to the Nationwide Treasury reached P377,662,320.81.
Alternatively, additionally in 2017, PCGG didn’t promote P336 million price of actual property belongings recovered from the cronies of the past due dictator.
Those homes come with:
- The 26,812.8-hectare (268.1-million sq. meter) Bacolod Actual Property Building Corp. belongings surrendered to the federal government via Antonio Martel and Simplicio Palanca
- The 64,669-square meter Impartial Realty Corp. belongings in Common Mariano Alvarez, Cavite, surrendered via Jose Campos
- A 5,952-square-meter lot in Naga Town recovered from Roberto Benedicto’s Banahaw Broadcasting Corp.
- A 2,335-square-meter lot in Francisco Evergreen Subdivision, Tagaytay Town
- A 1,000-square-meter belongings in Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, and a 300-sqm lot in Calapan Town, recovered from Jolly Bugarin
- The 480-square-meter Kingswood belongings in Emerald Court docket Subdivision, Caloocan Town
- Two 300-square-meter quite a bit in Pangarap Village, all surrendered via former Marcos aide Alejo Ganut Jr.
Those actual property belongings, that have been meant to lend a hand the PCGG elevate P336.014 million, had been already scheduled for public bidding from March to November 2017. However not one of the bidding plans driven thru.
In 2018, PCGG was once ready to remit P105,403,313.78 to the Nationwide Treasury. This quantity contains, amongst others:
- P39 million proceeds from San Miguel Company (SMC) dividends
- P24 million proceeds of source of revenue from Mid-Pasig Land Dev’t. Corp.
- P20 million proceeds of source of revenue from Bataan Shipyard and Engineering Company (BASECO)
- P22 million proceeds of condo earning from more than a few companies and homes controlled via PCGG
In 2019, the Fee was once ready to remit a complete of P491,708,985.00 to the Nationwide Treasury, which got here from more than a few assets together with money recoveries from:
- Philippine Built-in Meat Corp. (Pimeco) – P100 million
- Mid-Pasig Land Dev’t. Corp. – P64,576,453.32
- Contingency fund from the Philippine Nationwide Financial institution (PNB) – P60,775,200.00
- BASECO – P50,000,000.00
- SMC money dividend – P38,690,874.60
- Tacloban homes (leases) – P5,620,037.09
- Foremost and pastime of funding – P3,206,720.84
- Galerria de Magallanes – P3,415,926.06
- Similar in belongings forefeited – P165,043.00
A portion of the money recoveries was once from different source of revenue which incorporated:
- Passion earned within the escrow fund – P97,112,896.38
- Sandiganbayan pastime source of revenue – P37,909,795.76
- Coco Levy Fund pastime source of revenue – P30,236,038.04
From 1986 to December 2019, the PCGG has recovered a complete of P173,910,300,938.37.
In 2020, the federal government has already recovered P174,230,649,767.76 of Marcos ill-gotten wealth.
An enormous chew of the recoveries was once from the full collections and remittances to the Nationwide Treasury which was once price P171,342,598,679.67.
A portion of the cash remitted to the Nationwide Treasury was once amassed to learn the Complete Agrarian Reform Program (CARP), Coconut farmers, Coconut Trade Funding Fund, and human rights sufferers throughout the past due dictator’s reign.
The breakdown of the PCGG’s overall collections and remittances are as follows:
- Complete Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) – P78,934,549,093.15
- Coco farmers, Coconut Trade Funding Fund – P76,471,157,580.12
- Place of business of the President (Meralco money dividends) – P4,401,154,675.52
- Place of business of the Solicitor Common (OSG) – P151,724,582.73
- PCGG Particular Provision – P847,349,781.98
- Human rights sufferers – P10,533,000,000
- Common Fund (condo) – P3,662,966.17
In the meantime, P2,888,051,088.09 of the full recoveries from 1986 to 2020 had been from the escrow finances from the Marcos stash. The breakdown is as follows:
- Bureau of Treasury – P1,752,082,732.12
- Sandiganbayan – P1,131,648,473.03
- Land Financial institution of the Philippines – P4,319,882.94
Information as of August this 12 months confirmed that P125,983,539,469.39 price of Marcos belongings, that have been allegedly a part of the circle of relatives’s ill-gotten wealth, was once nonetheless beneath litigation.
That is composed of:
- P96,917,367,519.24 – 914 pieces of private homes together with art work, companies, and many others.
- P29,066,171,950.15 – 942 pieces of actual homes together with condominiums, flats, land, and many others.
Guinness International Information gave the past due dictator a name for the “Biggest Theft of a Executive.”
“The federal government of the Philippines introduced on 23 Apr 1986 that it had succeeded in figuring out $860.8 million salted away via former President Ferdinand Edralin Marcos (1917-89) and his spouse Imelda,” Guinness International Information stated on its web site.
In a separate Fb put up final Oct. 9, Sereno additional detailed the ill-gotten wealth accumulated via the Marcoses. She additionally sought to dispute some improper items of data spreading throughout on-line platforms that had been intended to revise historical past and unfold false knowledge denying that the Marcoses accumulated ill-gotten wealth.
BAGO MAGSALITA UKOL SA PAG MOVE-ON ANG SINUMAN, PAG-USAPAN MUNA NG MGA PILIPINO ANG MGA ASSETS NA ITO, KUNG LAHAT NGA AY…
Sereno’s sequence of social media posts, explaining the details at the unexplained wealth of the Marcos circle of relatives and their cronies, had been very related—particularly after the past due dictator’s son, Bongbong Marcos, filed his certificates of candidacy (COC) for president.
In keeping with the previous leader justice, excluding paid trolls, maximum of those that bash her and her posts had been those that adhere to a “script” to give protection to Bongbong.
“They use movies from YouTube and Tiktok, which has no authorship and are really easy to faux, to shield [their views],” Sereno stated in Filipino.
On Tuesday (Oct. 12), Sereno referred to as out a netizen after he left a distasteful touch upon her Fb put up concerning the Marcoses.
“Caution for Orly Garcia,” Sereno wrote.
“Your threats are a crime. I will be able to contemplate on whether or not I will have to briefly prevent what I’m doing to record a grievance. No matter my choice is, it is a truthful caution for you,” she wrote in Filipino.
WARNING KAY ORLY GRACIA:Ang pagbabanta mo ay labag sa batas. Pag-iisipan ko, kung sulit na itigil ko panandalian ang…
The netizen, in a while, apologized in a personal message, in keeping with Sereno.
Subscribe to our day by day publication
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get get admission to to The Philippine Day-to-day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, proportion as much as 5 devices, concentrate to the scoop, obtain as early as 4am & proportion articles on social media. Name 896 6000.